"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear." - Joan Didion








Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18, 2008

So the highlights for today: Russ' blood pressure was a bit more stable, which in turn helped the acid level go down, which made the medical staff happy. He was also running high blood sugars (shock of the accident; and in response to some of the medications) but that also seemed to be more within normal range (there's only room for ONE diabetic person in this family, after all!). They have him on a feeding tube, first to make sure he's got nutrients to support his body's healing, but also to keep his stomach in working order.

I have a message out for the neurologist for the results of the three previous CTs of his head, but haven't gotten to speak with him yet - I will most likely track somebody down tomorrow morning... but they are no longer sedating Russ, which I took to be a positive sign (he is still in a coma, and if for some reason he woke up they would RE-sedate him.. but they would want to see if he was "close" to waking up).

I got the chance for a short visit with Loretta earlier this evening; I believe she will be having Louie's services on Monday... if I can pin down the details I will share them with you.

Only 24 hours hours to finish off the "first 72 hours critical window immediately following the accident".. so I will feel a little more relieved this time tomorrow.

After tomorrow I will most likely update you only with "significant" changes (good or bad) so you won't see an email every day, but rest assured you'll hear about any new developments in Russ' condition.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment