"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear." - Joan Didion








Friday, September 25, 2009

In The Pink

You're angry... I know this
You're lonely... I feel this

You're crying at night
When nobody else is home

Come over here and let me hold your hand and hug you, darling
I promise you that it won't always feel this bad
There are so many things I want to say to you
You're the girl I used to be

You little heartbroken - me

You're laughing... but you're hiding
God, I know that trick too well
You forget that I've been you
And now... I'm just the shell

I promise, I love you
And everything will work out fine

Oh, just give it some time

The pain you feel is real
You're not asleep... but it's a nightmare
But you can wake up anytime

Oh, don't lose your passion
Or the fighter that's inside of you
You're the girl I used to be

The pissed off, complicated - me


Until we meet again.


- Excerpted from "Conversations With My 13-Year Old Self", Pink

1 comment: