"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear." - Joan Didion








Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Good Day To Die

What makes a day… a good day to die?

Is it the performance of a heroic act?
Like jumping in front of a bus to save a small child?
Or is it learning an important life-long lesson?
A realization of one’s destiny?
A fulfillment of a promise?

You performed a heroic act:
You transformed my misery into happiness
As if by magic.
You learned the lesson that
No man is beyond love and salvation;
We both learned that lesson.
Our destiny was shared…
But you broke your promise.

You ran ahead of me.
But not alone –

You took my heart with you.

And now every day is a good day to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment