"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear." - Joan Didion








Thursday, January 21, 2010

Food Of The Gods

I got this in my email this morning; I'm actually a fairly accomplished cook (or so my friends tell me)... but this just made me laugh so I HAD to share it with you. Thanks, Dodie!


BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN

Here is a chicken recipe that includes the use of popcorn as the stuffing - imagine that! When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.

4- to 5-lb chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good)
1 cup uncooked popcorn (Orville Redenbacher's LowFat)
Salt & pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter, season with salt and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.

2. Place in baking pan with neck end towards the back of the oven.

3. Listen for popping sounds. When the chicken's butt blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room, it's done.


(And you thought I couldn't cook!...)

No comments:

Post a Comment