"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear." - Joan Didion








Monday, December 13, 2010

Shirley's Theory of Relativity

Examiner.com article #1


At 4:08 a.m. this morning, my son Christopher left for boot camp. Several months leading up to his eighteenth birthday, Christopher was preparing to enlist in the United States Marine Corps - demonstrating an interest and persistence that I had not seen for anything in his whole life up until then.


Knowing this day would come, several of my friends have asked me, "So, Shirley, how are you going to feel when he is gone?" And my response has always been, "I don't know.. I will tell you when he's gone."

There is an interesting kind of symmetry...


Read the rest of this article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment