"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear." - Joan Didion








Monday, November 1, 2010

Realignment

I was having lunch with a friend the other day; he asked me how I was doing. I am starting to get busier working with my families on the advanced planning side, drumming up more singing opportunities, feeling myself settling into some sort of routine - but I'm not happy. I think back to the Bunny and in comparison to how I felt during our marriage, no. Definately not happy.

Which doesn't mean that I am unhappy exactly; it's a very strange condition to find myself in. To add to my emotional dilemma, my kid was sworn into the Marines a week or so ago which means I've been forced to acclimate to the idea that he will be leaving my home in a very short period of time to start his own life. I'm glad I've managed (as a parent) to get him to this point, and naturally he is very excited; but as far as how I am going to feel without him close by every day? I won't be able to answer that question until he leaves. People close to me have asked me for that answer as well - I understand the worry that motivates those inquiries. But this is life. Life continues to move forward, and I must continue along with it.

If I had to pinpoint where I am right now, I would say that it is "in transition." I'm in between. As always, hoping for the best. Searching for inspiration. Trying to connect with people - trying to make it easier for those people to emotionally affect me. Interact. And ultimately, bring back my life's meaning. Sometimes it's a struggle, sure. But this is life.

And life is the keeper of my salvation. I just have to have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment